Monday, December 7, 2009

Begin Again

I have started this blog several times, never really taking it anywhere or doing anything with it. I have used it to air grievances in the past, used it to whine about the direction my life has taken, used it to joke about the things I felt I had not control over.

I suck at writing and I suck at introspection. I don't review books or movies or video games. I don't have cooking tips. I'm not that funny in writing, and tend to come off as crabby instead of sassy. Like right now.

I don't know why I wanted to start a blog other than for my own selfish purposes. I'm working through the pile that my life is slowly falling into and I am trying to swim back to the surface and fine my direction and purpose once more.

I just graduated with an MFA in Scenic Design and am currently working at a bank. I hate my job and am desperately trying to find a way out, but so far have been unable to do so. I miss my theatre life like nobody's business and the camaraderie and excitement it lent to my life. I've become one of those drone bees who does nothing but look forward to the weekend.

So the purpose of this blog is to force myself to take a good long hard look at who I am and where I am going and force me to do something about the things I don't like.

In short (if you knew me you would be laughing at that) (because I am really short) I am looking for my lost ambition and drive. If anybody has seen it, I left it on stage at the Civic center at the beginning of last May when I shook that old dude's hand (I think he was the president of the university or something).

Hopefully they won't all be this whiny.


1 comment:

HM said...

Hey Lady! I love that you're starting up your blog specifically for the purpose of forcing yourself to evaluate and motivate your life. (At least thats kinda how I read it). I'm kinda doing the same thing over on mine. Gotta jump start this stalled out li'l life of mine and breath some fresh air into its lungs...or some other silly metaphor. Anywho, keep up the bloggin' and i'll keep up the readin'. :)