Saturday, May 1, 2010

Work in Progress

I'm not going to lie. This week was rough. All around. Personally. Professionally. Emotionally.

I've discovered a lot about myself in the last 4 days. Things that I haven't thought about since I was a child. And as much as it hurts to relive some of those things, talking about it and starting to work through it feels great.

I can pinpoint a single moment in my life when everything changed. And as cliche as it sounds, that moment really did shape a lot of the person that I am today. It has affected every single relationship that I have had since that point.

Rationally I know the way I feel sometimes is absurd. But emotionally, that defining moment has crippled me. I need to find a way to work through it and I think I may be ready to do that.

I feel very lucky to have people in my life that are willing to go through this with me.

No comments: